Friday 12 February 2021

The Fosters 2013 ‧ Drama ‧ 5 seasons ( Ended)

 


    This show was intriguing to me, a lot of you may not know that I grew up in the foster system. As Callie Jacob (Maia Mitchell) claimed she and her younger brother Jude (Hayden Byerly) wanted a place to call home. I understood what they meant by that growing up. But what the system doesn't show kids is the reality of it. One of my foster homes I grew up in for almost 10 years was amazing, they even offered to adopt me. But where the system failed me is they didn't explain anything to me, which you see a lot in this show. Callie and Jude were so lucky to encounter a family willing to fight for them, explain everything to them, they didn't shut them out or tell them that they wouldn't be able to understand. One of my regrets in this life is not letting the family that I lived with for so long adopt me maybe if I had it explained to me or a better understanding at that time in my life I might have made a different decision in this life. But one thing I do know for sure is that anyone that encounters them is surely blessed they are kind loving people who just want the best. But this show kind of hit close to home for me. It did make me think a lot, I do feel that Callie and Brandon did make the right decision by not seeing each other because that made them so much closer. I also realized that the more Callie tried to help people the more trouble she got into just because of her past. People are so quick to judge without knowing or having a better understanding of what they are going through or what they have been through, which is something society needs to change. People need to start looking at people as human beings where yes we are flawed and yes we make mistakes but we are all trying to survive in a world full of hate, lust, anger, and envy. But the biggest mistake that we all make is knowing that we all are also meant to love and show kindness, compassion and be there for those who can't be there for themselves. I mean we can't always be strong all the time and that's what Callie showed us she was there for her friends and family when they were weak. Mariana was there for Jesus was after his accident and reassured him that everything was going to be okay, even helped him graduate. The world just needs to start building each other up and not tearing them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment